Monday, April 24, 2006

Gone

Two of the albums I've been really excited about are the new Flaming Lips and Built To Spill. I was happy when I got back last week and both were at the station. However, this week the Built To Spill album was missing. Hopefully it was misfiled, or set aside for another show, but it's really annoying when albums disappear from the library. The last Built To Spill album, "Ancient Melodies of the Future, " also was ripped off shortly after it came out as well. *UPDATE* - The Built To Spill turned up. Yay! -jk So far, I really like the new Fiery Furnaces album, "Bitter Tea." I've listened to their last two records, but haven't really gotten into them yet. My favorite discovery this week is a best-of collection of the Shivers called "Lost Hits." I'd never heard of them before, but apparently they're from the late 70's in Milwaukee, WI. I also like the new Don Cabellero, Quasi and Tic Code (from Portland). I'm adjusting to the new time slot. It's weird actually having people around the station while I'm DJing. I've had to cut way back on the air guitar.

1 comment:

Domenica said...

I love the Shivvers cd. I don't know much about them either, but the liner notes to that cd probably has a LOT of info.