Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Perspective

I really enjoyed tonights show. From the beginning up to the community billboard, I thought it went really well. I've been spending more time in the library before the show, and I've enjoyed rediscovering some old favorites. My 5 year anniversary on KAOS is officially the July 3 show, and it's surprising how some CD's that still seem new to me are 2 or 3 years old. You may have noticed that I've started listing the year with the rest of the song info. I always find it interesting how music that's 10 or 20 years old will still sound current. When I was 10 or 11, I remember thinking how dated 70's music sounded (I was born in '76). By the late 80's/early 90's when I started really getting into music, there was already a new-wave nostalgia period going on; the 70's seemed impossibly old, nevermind the '60's. Now "Nevermind" is 15 years old. When I was 10, "Saturday Night Fever" was only 9 years old. In any event, there's still lots of new stuff I like. Camera Obscura's new album is my favorite of theirs yet. I also really liked the Emergency's new album, "Can You Dig It?". I'm also really intrigued by this band called Foma, and their album "Phobos". It's appears to be a concept album about one of Mars' moons (you guess which one). I was also happy I rememberd the Coach & Four's song "Girl Arms". I played it about 3 months ago, but I thought it would go really well with the Jesus & Mary Chain song "Come On" that I wanted to play. I could hear it in my head, but couldn't think of what it was until about 2 minutes before I played it.

No comments: