Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Anniversary (To Me)

Tonight is my official 5th anniversary show! As it happens, it's even on the same day. I started in 2001 at the 1-3am time slot Tuesday nights/Wednesday mornings. I was there for about 2 years, when I changed shifts to the Monday morning Breakfast special. I liked being on earlier, with more listeners, but I didn't particularly like getting up at 4:30am. I returned to the nights about 9 months later when the 11 to 1am Monday slot opened up, then recently moved up to 9pm. I don't have much of a plan for tonight, but I thought I'd share my playlist from my first show: One Chord To Another Playlist for July 3, 2001

  • Spiritualized - Come Together - Abbey Road E.P. - Dedicated
  • Juno - The French Letter - A Future Lived In Past Tense - DeSoto
  • Enemymine - Nightmare Air - The Ice In Me - Up
  • Catherine Wheel - Crank - Chrome - Fontana
  • Death Cab For Cutie - President Of What? - Something About Airplanes - Barsuk/Elisnor
  • Grandaddy - AM 180 - Under The Western Freeway - Will
  • Magic Magicians - 123 to 9 to 5 - Girls - Suicide Squeeze
  • Revolutionary Hydra - Multitrack Recording - Swiss Admiral E.P. - Burnout
  • Snow Patrol - When It's All Over We Still Have To Clean Up
  • - When It's All Over We Still Have To Clean Up - Jeepster
  • Burning Airlines - A Song With No Word - Identikit - DeSoto
  • Yo La Tengo - Last Days Of Disco - And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out - Matador
  • Fastbacks - In The Winter - ...And His Orchestra - PopLlama
  • Rancid - Olympia, WA - ...And Out Come The Wolves - Epitaph
  • Sloan - G Turns To D - One Chord To Another - Murder
  • Soft Boys - I Wanna Destroy You - Underwater Moonlight - Matador
  • Some Velvet Sidewalk - Split The Scene - The Lowdown - K
  • Guided By Voices - Twilight Campfighter - Isolation Drills - TVT
  • Elvis Costello - Little Palaces - King Of America - Rykodisc
  • the Posies - Grant Hart - In Case You Didn't Feel Like Plugging In - Casa
  • Five Gears In Reverse - Olivia - You're Not Asking The Right Questions - Montesano
  • Sleater-Kinney - The Drama You've Been Selling - Dig Me Out - Kill Rock Stars
  • XTC - Science Friction - Waxworks: Some Singles - Geffen
  • Talking Heads - Found A Job - More Songs About Buildings And Food - Sire
  • the Modern Lovers - I'm Straight - Modern Lovers - Rhino/Beserkley
  • Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - 15 Feet Of Pure White Snow - No More Shall We Part - Reprise
  • Spoon - Agony Of Laffitte - The Agony of Laffitte - Saddle Creek
  • Big Star - September Gurls - Radio City - Stax
  • Velvet Underground - Oh! Sweet Nuthin' - Loaded (Fully Loaded Edition)

No comments: