Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What Goes On

I'm going to be sitting in for Tammy this Sunday, April 15th for The Think Tank, from 10am to noon. It should be a fun show, and a change of pace from the evening vibe.

I was told that I was going to have to stay on till midnight last night, but ended up getting relieved at 11pm instead. It was a nice surprise, but I didn't get to some music I had planned on. Last night I also tried using my mp3 player via a new line input on the mixing board. After some experimentation with the volume levels, I got it to work decently. This will be helpful, since I can bring a lot more music than I normally do, but it's a little harder to cue up exactly. I promise I won't just put it on shuffle though. I think that's lazy.

As far as new music, I'm enjoying the new Speaker Speaker EP, as well as the Dept. of Energy full length. I also really like the bands Germans from Nova Scotia, and Illinois. Also, I just heard the new Rosebuds album, Night of the Furies and it sounds really promising. I didn't have a chance to check out the new Polyethylene album, but I enjoyed their last one and will play it on Sunday.

No comments: