Thursday, August 03, 2006

Everything Old is New Again

Lots of good stuff this week. The New York Dolls new album is out. You can definately tell that they're older, but sounds like some good songs on the album. I haven't listened to all of it yet. Also, the new Radio Birdman is great! They are playing September 1st at El Corazon in Seattle. You almost can't tell that there's been a 25 year gap since the last record. Check out their Sub Pop greatest hits compilation for their old stuff. I'm also enjoying the Spain Colored Orange EP. Each track has a different feel. I'm curious to hear a full-length from them. I also really like The Proper Nouns, but I don't know much about them. The biggest excitement of the week was finding another Yo La Tengo song from their forthcoming album, I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass. They are also going to play in Seattle at the Showbox in October. I will be at that show. I will have an interview if I can swing it.

No comments: