Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Funk Pop A Roll

I enjoyed tonights show. Lots of new music, and more that I didn't get to. I'm not a big hip-hop fan, but I do like Jurassic 5, and was excited to see the new album. I played the Dave Matthews track primarily because someone else had played it, and hadn't noted any profanity. I also like the Casper & the Cookies. I believe they are playing at the Eagles on September 2nd, but unfortuanately I have a prior engagement. Also, Spain Colored Orange's EP grows on me more each week. It was weird to realize that They Might Be Giants have been around for over 20 years. I discovered them in 1989, soon after Flood was released (I still think that it's their best album). I remember having a conversation with a guy about an XTC album I had purchased. I had called it "old", and he question whether there was such a thing as an old XTC album. It was 1999 and the album in question came out in 1979. Apparently, now I'm old as well. Speaking of old and XTC, I've started another blog called Funk Pop A Roll (natch). It's an album by album inventory of my music library. Basically I write a brief (or not so brief), recap of the album: what I like, where I got it, and why. I'm going through every single piece of recorded music, without skiping anything. I'm starting with my CD's, then the vinyl, then the CDR's and then the cassettes. After that, I may go to the digital files, if I'm not bored/insane/senile by that point.

No comments: